Tuesday 14 October 2008

Stress and Strain of School...

'A lot of students don’t feel that they have anyone to talk to if they feel stressed or pressurized.'

My campaign is to promote and improve the mental health and wellbeing of students. I’ve seen friends go through the pressures of school and drop out of courses because of stress. I’ve seen other people stay on but suffer from depression because of the stress of all the work. I think there needs to be a system to help young people cope.

I’ve been talking to teachers and pupils about the lack of support available and I’ve set up a support website. I’ve already stopped one girl from dropping out of school but I want to go on to reach many more.

I’ve been campaigning for a support structure for students in my own school for over a year and now the school is bringing in a confidential counseling service. I want to get this sort of service implemented in other schools.

I want to go from being one person on a mission, to really making a difference.

I started the campaign on the 7th December 2007, as a small local mission, to try and help other students who have or were going through a similar situation to my friends and I, then on 11th August 2008 the campaign went national, which was amazing... then when there was a chance of being followed by RAWtv, as part of a channel 4 documentary, out of all the thousands of people who applied 20 were chossen, I am so honoured to say that Stress and Strain is one of these...

Keep uptodate with all the goings on at
the campaign website - www.stressandstrainofschool.webs.com
the Battlefront site - www.battlefront.co.uk
the campaign bebo page - www.bebo.com/stressandstrain
Twitter - www.twitter.com (stressandstrainofschool)

No comments: